Wednesday, 29 June 2011

Dyeing and Reconstructing a Recycled T Shirt.







hi india,
this is one of my latest creations! i started by dying a teeshirt pink with blueberrys.
then i sprayed it with judy's vineger and rusty nail spray wich makes the teeshirt go black.
when it was dry I cut it into a tank top and mum sewed up the sides for me.
we sewed on one of judy's scarves to the botom as a skirt!
then I felted on some felt around the neck.
also this morning i embroidered some crosses with red wool.
from khailana


and this is my other latest creation!
i turned a teeshirt that i dyed upside down and back to front and
cut of the sleeves,leaving the holes from the sleeves there!
I then cut the sides and cut some strips from a pair of tights.
I cut holes up the slits on the side of the dress and laced two strips
on each side.
I used two more slits as straps.
Once i had done i used judy's felting machine to felt a piece of felt along the bottom!
khail5na...my sort of sort of signiture!

7 comments:

  1. this is lovely work! try dipping cotton t shirts in a mixture of milk and water before you dye them. dry them and then do the colour stuff - it helps to make the colour brighter [and stay better]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Khailana
    I love the work you are doing. Such talent. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ok,i'll give it a go next time i want bold colours when i dye:D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Khailana, what an amazing blog. I especially love the pinky purple blueberry tank top you made. Looking forward to seeing what you get up to next :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. SO beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. love what you're doing Khailana, very creative.. wish I could motivate myself to have a go.. look forward to seeing more of your creations :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks just fabulous Khailana, good enough to go shopping in Melbourne!! Grandpa

    ReplyDelete